We are seeking a Product Owner to join our Product Management team. This role is based in New York City (or remote – prefer US Eastern time zone) and reports to the Chief Product Owner. The successful candidate will be working with Commercial Real Estate professionals, as well as all members of our Agile SDLC.
What you will do
- Serve as Product Owner in an Agile delivery framework; attend client meetings, as well as work with internal development and client service teams, to gather information related to client needs and functional enhancement of the product
- Work in lockstep with client teams and Scrum Master to gather requirements, ensure sprint development goals are met, reprioritize as needed, and that scope is maintained
- Collaborate with Product Design to create wireframes and/or prototypes to help define the user experience
- Elevate key product decisions to senior management and partners
- Analyze reported business scenarios/problems and work with teams to implement solutions
- Ensure that the product is released on time and to a high standard of quality
- Provide direction and an empathetic leadership by effectively balancing project demands with team capacity; seamlessly integrate new members to the team by recognizing competencies and integrating individual styles
About the Job
- Direct experience collaborating with Scrum teams and stakeholders to translate functional and non-functional requirements into well-defined product requirements, including features, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Ability to remove impediments and facilitate decisions, using retrospectives to continuously learn and improve
- A proactive “can-do,” data-driven approach to business and the ability to prioritize competing demands effectively
- Strong fact-based conviction and accountability, including the courage to say “no” when necessary
- Ability to preserve the integrity of the sprint goal, as well as providing daily and just-in-time decisions to deliver business value
- Experience documenting and getting sign-off for various requirements (e.g., business case, product vision, and roadmap)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Ability to direct a team by recognizing individual strengths, allowing members the freedom to do their jobs, and redirecting resources to fill gaps and minimize blockers
- The ideal candidate has a strong background in consulting project management, delivering solution processes for mid to large Financial Services, Banking, or Insurance clients
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience, with at least 3+ years experience as a Product Owner/Manager in a Product Management or Client Experience team; or 3+ years experience leading cross-functional teams with an established background in launching a product in partnership with engineering teams.
- An understanding of Agile principles.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills with the ability to direct hybrid teams, blending individual strengths to create a synergistic work environment.
- US Eastern time zone preferred
Interested in this position?
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.