Mood Media’s Client Solutions department is seeking a highly energetic Senior Director of Software Development. This critical role involves managing a team of highly experienced individual contributors, personally contributing to and leading multidisciplinary projects.
The team’s primary focus is architecting, developing, improving, migrating and prototyping complex internal and client facing platforms & solutions. The Senior Director is responsible for the management of projects and staff, and for actively driving, managing, measuring, evaluating and reporting on project progress to Mood leadership with whom the Senior Director will be interfacing directly.
We are seeking an exceptional technical leader with extraordinary attention to detail. She or he will oversee and transform Mood’s software development activities and processes, conduct continuous evaluation and improvement of the defined Software Life Cycle while identifying deficiencies and providing solutions to achieve Mood’s goals in terms of desired efficiency and quality of software products. All phases of the software development process, including the business analysis, coding and quality control are part of the responsibilities for this role along with the subset of processes that belong to each of these major steps.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide hands-on, day-to-day oversight, engagement, and support for a Mood’s delivery teams.
● Help team members to grow professionally, maximize team productivity, and continually search for and implement process improvements.
● Work effectively in a fluid environment of fast moving targets with minimal oversight, few formal requirements, and in a fluid environment. Listen to input from team members, stakeholders, and management.
● Manage competing, quickly changing priorities effectively.
● Make quick ad hoc decisions as needed, often without the availability of complete information.
● Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with project sponsors, and key stakeholders.
● Clearly define and communicate roles, responsibilities, and expectations for all members of a delivery team.
● Attract and hire world class talent and build high performance teams
● Develop metrics and reports to provide ongoing progress and feedback to senior leadership.
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
● In-depth understanding of current programming languages, architecture trends, cloud technologies and delivery lifecycles.
● Personally familiar with developer preferences and challenges.
● Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence.
● Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and coach a dynamic group of contributors on a global scale.
● Disciplined and organized with meticulous attention to detail.
● Excellent planning and organizational skills – ability to play a project manager role with excellent tracking and reporting skills: Strong, proven track record of excellent administrative and
management skills including project management, time management, and management of direct reports.
● Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) – ability to synthesize and summarize project goals and risks at an executive level.
● Comfortable communicator at all levels of the organization, experienced presenting to upper management, customers, and (remote) members of the team: ability to “speak the geek” and “geek the speak”.
● Self-starting entrepreneurial attitude, seeking guidance only on critical and politically sensitive issues.
● A master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or a Bachelor’s Degree and comparable experience in software development, information technology, and/or data architecture.
● Minimum of 10 or more years of experience including at least 5 years in leadership role.
● Continuous learning style with a strong ambition to remain up to date with current technologies and trends.
● Quick learner who thrives in an ambiguous environment
● Strong interpersonal and management skills to complement technical expertise.